Creative family photography workshops, introducing The Roost!
In response to frequent demand from fellow photographers, I’m so happy to launch The Roost, a workshop for those wanting to pursue creative, documentary family photography. I hope to give you practical support and guidance, enabling you to gain confidence working with families and children, shooting this rewarding and enjoyable form of photography, whilst hopefully building a successful and manageable business in the process.
Photographing families is wonderful…. Insanely enjoyable and ridiculously rewarding… for what’s more important to anyone than family? It’s a real privilege and a joy to be allowed into the life of a family, even just for a couple of hours, and to document the love and connections between them. They come in all shapes and sizes, with different personalities, different homes, different interests, different relationships… it’s never dull… but the thing that they all have in common is how special they are to each other. The novelty never wears off for me seeing how much joy it brings them to see themselves together in the images you give them.
The world of family photography has long been dominated by cheesy images, studio backgrounds and pushy sales consultations where families end up spending a small fortune on elaborate products and images that often don’t look hugely different to other people’s. Over recent years, along with a number of other photographers, I have found that it’s completely possible to strip it all back, keep it simple, and build a profitable, ethical family photography business that puts families under not one ounce of pressure to purchase anything they don’t want to, whilst giving them beautiful, creative and unique bespoke photography and a fantastic and memorable experience with their loved ones at the same time.
The workshops are aimed at:
– People in the process of building their own photography business, who would like creative family photography to be one of the services, or the only service, they offer
– Established professional photographers who already specialise in other areas (such as weddings / commercial), who would like to establish, grow and/or gain confidence in the family photography arm of their business
– Established family photographers who feel they would benefit from the extra confidence that comes with having a fresh look at their business and photography work
The day will be a mixture of presentations, discussions and a live shoot. We will cover:
– My style & approach to family photography
– Creating a business that works for you and your own life
– Branding and identity – developing and understanding your own motivation, passion, style and approach
– Attracting your ideal clients
– Preparing yourself and your clients for family shoots
– Differences between photographing maternity, newborn, younger and older children
– Looking after your families & working harmoniously with children
– Making creative use of location and light
– Capturing relationships and emotion
– Equipment and kit
– Products and pricing
– Marketing and leveraging potential client sources
– Navigating the sales process – sales for people who don’t like to sell!
Places are limited so please do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested and I’ll send you a brochure and more information – I can’t wait to meet you!
Tips, inspiration and resources to inject some joy & lighten the load
Manchester family photographer, for down-to-earth, adventurous, big-hearted families all across the North West, London and UK
Creative, documentary family photography in Manchester, Liverpool, Lancashire, Cheshire, Yorkshire, London
DOWNLOAD MY E-BROCHURE